Frequently Asked Questions

Is the village open all year round?

Yes, if you choose to live here great! Approximately 70% of our owners live here.

How do we purchase a new home?

Caravans In The Sun have a free phone number 0800 6 44 45 46 they will be pleased to give you a price of a new home sited at Saydo Park

Do you allow animals?

Yes, but please contact the park to let us know, all animals must be vaccinated, chipped and spade, maximum of two animals per home.

Can we bring our British car?

Yes, you can keep a British car here, but after 6 months of being resident, you must change the number plates to Spanish registration.

How can we cope with the paperwork?

You do not have to, we can put you in touch with various translators that can help you with residencia etc. The Cajamar bank in Mollina speak English, so no problems opening a bank account.

We worry that being in a foreign country and not speaking the language we will not understand our rights.

Once you have purchased your home the next step is to obtain an NIE number, you will need this to register your home/name at the town hall and open a bank account. The translators can help you with these procedures. You can make out a will and we ask all owner/residents to complete an “owners” information sheet advising of next of kin and any medication you may be taking.

We worry about what to do if we need a Doctor.

UK state pensioners or those in receipt of a long-term sickness benefit can register for healthcare in Spain by applying for an S1 (E121) form from the International Pension Centre (IPC) in Newcastle by calling on (+44) 191 218 7777. The form can usually take a few months to be sent to your Spanish address so it is highly recommendable to apply for it before moving to Spain. If any of your family members need to receive healthcare as your dependent because they may not be entitled to any healthcare cover in Spain in their own right, then they will also need to apply for a separate S1 form as your dependent.

Once you have received the S1 form, you will need to register it at the nearest Spanish social security office (Instituto Nacional de la Seguridad Social -INSS).

The S1 gives you the same medical cover in Spain as a Spanish national under the Spanish state-run health scheme. This cover may not be the same as you would expect to receive on the NHS in the UK so you may have to pay for some treatments or services and some social services may not be available.

A dependent on a family member working and living in the UK can also request an S1 (E109) form from Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) by calling on (+44) 191 2037 010 to register at the Spanish social security office (INSS) for state-run healthcare cover.

Until you are covered by your S1 form, an E111 card will cover you in an emergency.

About Us

Village Molino de Saydo… or windmill of the weekend is a residential park home site open 12 months of the year. It is situated in the beautiful farming area of Andalucia in the south of Spain.

Visit Us

Village Molino de Saydo
29532 Mollina